It’s been a year now, My youngest son has been on a quest. Something fairly simple but in the end turning out to be quite a venture.
Being a hockey fan, He endeavored to gather a piece of memorabilia representing all 30 NHL teams. He’s a young fighter, having ADHD makes his every school day all the more tough. We started this little project to set him a goal. Any parent with a child diagnosed with ADHD will understand that we make Huge strides to help our kids build self confidence, Every little victory is huge. It’s extremely encouraging for him to get these in the mail items. I did, on my own, manage to gather some other teams, hopefully this post makes it`s way to influent folks in the league. We we’re all kids at one point and trying impossible things is in essence what makes us believe in ourselves going forward. With the Hockey Season just underway, I’m convinced many teams have leftover PR material that would fit his mission.
All your help and support on his project is much appreciated, as a dad I’m leading him to enjoy the Game of hockey in itself, not only the local team but the Game.
This journey has been quite interesting to say the least, as of this month (aug 2016), he decided to start playing the game and lace up the skates. His journey as an amateur player is now underway, Peewee level.
Let`s keep the passion for the game going.
As of May 10th 2017 We can say Mission Accomplished – Zak Managed to get responses from all 31 NHL teams.
My son is very enthousiaste at this project and we have been slowly getting some response from the teams, As of November 2016 we are at 29/32 (32 because of the NHL itself).
- Arizona Coyotes – Responded – Received (Jan 2017)
- Boston Bruins – Responded – Received (nov 2016)
- Buffalo Sabres – Rensponded – Received (dec 2016)
- Calgary Flames – Responded – Received
- Carolina Hurricanes – Responded – Received
- Chicago Blackhawks – Covered by Reebok (oct 2016)
- Colorado Avalanche – Responded – Received
- Columbus Blue Jackets -Responded- Received
- Dallas Stars – covered by Reebok (october 2016)
- Detroit Red Wings – Covered by Reebok(oct 2016)
- Edmonton Oilers – Foundation responded fanpack request made – Received (jan 2017)
- Florida Panthers – Responded – Received – Covered by Reebok(oct 2016)
- Los Angeles Kings – Responded – Received
- Minnesota Wild – Responded- Received- And from Reebok (oct 2016)
- Montreal Canadiens – Responded – Received
- Nashville Predators – Covered by Reebok(oct 2016)
- New Jersey Devils – Responded – Received (huge Kudos for the accompanying letter)
- New York Islanders – Responded – Received
- New York Rangers – Responded – Received
- Philadelphia Flyers – Responded – Received
- Pittsburgh Penguins – Responded – Received
- Ottawa Senators – Responded – Interview from them… wow.!! – Received
- San Jose Sharks – Responded – Received
- St Louis Blues – Responded – Received
- Tampa Bay Lightning – Responded – Received
- Toronto Maple Leafs – responded – received
- Vancouver Canucks – Responded – Received
- Washington Capitals – Covered by Reebok (oct 2016)
- Winnipeg Jets – Responded – Received
- NHL (head office) – Responded – Received
- Vegas Golden Knights – Responded – Received